Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 11 Coos Bay to Gold Beach 84 miles

Hi guys. Guess what? We're 30 miles from Cali! And even though it's a 1200-mile state, getting there makes me feel pretty hard core. Today was really nice. Starting fresh after a Sunday was just what we needed. The day was rainy and pretty cold, but thanks to good gear we survived just fine. It's weird to me how odd time is for us. The days go so fast, by the time 80 miles rolled by both Matt and I were surprised it was already here.  And yet, simultaneously, the days feel so long and its soooo much work. I think perhaps I am getting used to this. My mind is finally wrapping around this new reality.  You just have to redefine your limits- your idea of what is hard, what is cold, how long you can bike, what you can ask your body to do. It's kind of trippy. I hope for this kind of experience for everyone at some point in his or her lives- not necessarily a big biking trip, just something that pushes you to the brink. Sorry, look at me, pulling a Richard being all philosophical. In other news, Matt has been growing his mustache since we started and it's hilarious. Nice and creepster looking. I'm trying to convince him to keep it going 'till the end. Also, we no longer call eating "eating", rather it's now just "feeding the beast." This said beast is currently being fed a 1/2-gallon bucket of rocky road ice cream in our hotel room. When there is more drama I'll clue you in. Heck, I may just start crying to add a little pep to all these nice days in a row. Tomorrow I leave my teenage years, so I think I'll go do something irresponsible to live these precious hours to their fullest. Love y’all; we'll see ya before too long. Nighty night!



No comments:

Post a Comment