Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 8 Tillamook to Waldport 85 miles


Why hello! Today was superb. Which is probably the only reason the boys are letting me write this, otherwise I would whine too much. Which reminds me...I'm sorry I whine so much. I'm sure it gets old. But today there was no reason to, which is why it was the FIRST DAY I didn't cry. It was a big deal. Matt and Dad were just on pins and needles, wondering when it would come, but I held out. We woke up very early and hit the frigid morning air with a vengeance. We were rockin it, I'm not going to lie. Then, we just kept rockin'it. Our goal was Newport (69 miles), but when we got there at 1:30 with a legendary tail wind (about 15 mph) we couldn't pass it up, and rode on to the next town 15 miles down the road. We got an amazing view of the coast almost all day long. So pretty. But the most eventful parts of the day were:  Sun! It came out and stayed all day! Which means my glasses got some game time! You will never understand how much happiness it gave me. Also, at lunch I ran into a tiny little bookshop to go to the bathroom, and as fate would have it, I dropped my camera straight...into...the...toilet. Now we would ask that your prayers be directed towards its recovery. Before I go, I’d like to clear things up a bit. Bro Urquhart, it 'twas I who desired this trip in the first place. My father is only a scapegoat.  Matt calls me Dr. Jekyll because my feelings are so bipolar. The day is done and we are happy, safe, and well fed. Thank you for the tips (tye my Achilles are doing amazing thanks to a 1/2 inch seat lowering!) And the love (The Bryant’s...your one liner last night has given me strength all day) and if you need us we'll be on the 101 headed south.

Much love,

Kris

P.s. CAMDEN I love you!

1 comment:

  1. kris! sadly i haven't commented up until this point, or really even kept in contact with you at all. but i've been following faithfully! i love you and im so impressed with YOU! keep it up, i cannot wait to catch up some day :) love you

    ReplyDelete